A MESSAGE FROM THE PRINCIPAL
It is our pleasure to welcome you to Tipaskan School for the 2021-22 school year. If your child is returning to our school, we look forward to continuing our relationship with your family. If you are new to Tipaskan, you have chosen a great school.
Our staff are welcoming, caring and inclusive and have high expectations for students, socially and academically. Furthermore, we welcome diversity and understand that all students have their own unique gifts and talents. In our positive environment, students and staff are able to flourish and fulfill their potential.
At Tipaskan School our motto is to:
LIVE – with joy and integrity
LEARN - with wonder and engagement
LEAD - with creativity, compassion and community spirit
Staff and students strive to embody these values every day. We are committed to building relationships with parents and operating in a climate of mutual respect and trust. Therefore, we welcome parental input and assistance and we invite you to become engaged and actively involved in your child’s learning. Please check SchoolZone for regular updates regarding your child’s education.
In 2021-22 we are pleased to provide the following programming:
- Full day Kindergarten, which is supported by the Edmonton Public Schools Foundation
- Literacy programming that includes Literacy Intervention
- Grades K to 6 programming which follows the Alberta provincial curriculum, including French as a Second Language
- Interactions program is designed to meet the needs of students who have been diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Multiple community school partnerships
- Modern technology – SMART boards in classes, access to Chromebooks and iPads
- As an APPLE school we promote healthy lifestyle choices for all of our Tipaskan community
- Student leadership opportunities build and create a welcoming and diverse environment in which our students can be comfortable to grow to their potential
In order to maintain regular contact with you, we require you to keep your contact information up to date through SchoolZone. If you need assistance with accessing SchoolZone, please contact the school office. Thank you, I look forward to working with all of you this year.
If you have any questions, or concerns, do not hesitate to contact me, or your child’s teacher.
COVID-19 SCREENING QUESTIONNAIRE: Staying home when sick
We continue to ask parents to use the daily COVID-19 checklist to screen for illness before coming to school and work each day. The province still recommends that anyone with symptoms should follow provincial isolation requirements, which will remain in place until the province moves to Step 3.