Live, Learn, Lead
Welcome! I am excited to begin my second year at Tipaskan. It is a great school! Our staff are welcoming, caring, and inclusive. We have high expectations for our students and the students rise to meet them, academically and socially. In our positive environment students are able to flourish and fulfill their potential.
We believe that the community, especially our student’s parents, are our partners in assisting the students with their learning journey. We are committed to building relationships with parents and operating in a climate of mutual respect and trust. Therefore, we welcome parental input and assistance and we invite you to become engaged and actively involved. Please check SchoolZone and weekly emails, for regular updates regarding your child’s education.
We live in an ever changing, interconnected world, in which students must be prepared to be literate, lifelong learners who are able to tackle complex problems. Therefore, we seek to engage our students in learning opportunities that are meaningful and enable our students to collaborate, think critically, globally, and understand the complexities of the 21st century world. Consequently, there are many leadership and service opportunities for our students. We involve them actively in goal setting, assessment for learning and being responsible, with our support, for their own growth and education. Clearly, we embody our motto to Live, Learn, Lead.
In 2017 – 2018, we are pleased to provide the following programming:
- Pre - K program for students ages 3 ½ to 4 year olds who are English Language Learners, or who have mild to severe speech and language delays
- Full day Kindergarten, which is supported by the Edmonton Public Schools Foundation
- Grades K – 6 programming which follows the Alberta provincial curriculum, including French as a Second Language
- Literacy programming that includes guided reading, literacy centres and Empowering Writers
- Leveled Literacy Intervention program
- Modern technology – wireless technology, SMART boards in classes, access to Chromebooks and iPads
- As an APPLE school we promote healthy lifestyle choices for all of our Tipaskan community
- As a Leader in Me School we emphasize opportunities for students to be leaders in the school
- Access to a Success Coach to help students who are struggling
I would like to maintain regular contact with parents this year by sending out a weekly email to inform you what is happening in the school. In order to do this, I require an updated email address from you. Please contact the school with your email address if you would like weekly email updates from me.
Thank you, I look forward to working with all of you this year. If we have not met, I invite you to stop by the office and introduce yourself. If you have any questions, or concerns, do not hesitate to contact me, or your child’s teacher.
Principal Tipaskan School