Live-with joy and integrity
Learn-with wonder and engagement
Lead- with creativity, compassion and community spirit
It is our pleasure to welcome you to Tipaskan School for the 2018/19 school year. If your child is
returning to our school, we look forward to continuing our relationship with your family. If you are
new to Tipaskan, you have chosen a great school.
Our staff are welcoming, caring, inclusive and have high expectations for students, socially and
academically. Furthermore, we welcome diversity and understand that all students have their
own unique gifts and talents. In our positive environment, students and staff are able to flourish
and fulfill their potential.
At Tipaskan School our mission is to Live - with joy and integrity, Learn - with wonder and
engagement and Lead - with creativity, compassion and community spirit. Staff and students
strive to embody these values everyday.
We are committed to building relationships with parents and operating in a climate of mutual
respect and trust. Therefore, we welcome parental input and assistance and we invite you to
become engaged and actively involved. Please check SchoolZone for regular updates
regarding your child’s education. All forms and weekly emails will be posted in
SchoolZone this year. Regular attendance is critical for academic success. Therefore, please
make every effort to have you child attend school regularly.
In 2018 – 2019, we are pleased to provide the following programming:
- Pre - K program for students ages 3 ½ to 4 years who are English Language Learners, orwho have mild to severe speech and language delays
- Full day Kindergarten, which is supported by the Edmonton Public Schools Foundation
- Grades K – 6 programming which follows the Alberta provincial curriculum, including Frenchas a Second Language
- Literacy programming that includes guided reading, literacy centres and Empowering Writers
- Leveled Literacy Intervention program
- A 0.6 Success Coach and a student Social Worker who will work with students who may require social/emotional support
- Multiple community school partnerships (Rotary Club, student mentors, U of A Pharmacy Students, Wee Read, etc)
- Modern technology – wireless technology, SMART boards in classes, access to
- Chromebooks and iPads
- As an APPLE school we promote healthy lifestyle choices for all of our Tipaskan community
- Our student leadership opportunities and restorative practices build community and create a welcoming, and diverse environment in which our students can be comfortable to grow totheir potential.
I look forward to working with all of you this year. If we have not met, please feel welcome to
stop by the office and introduce yourself. If you have any questions, or concerns, do not hesitate
to contact us.